Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: RPM generation

From: Peter Wu <peter () lekensteyn nl>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2018 12:53:19 +0200

On Mon, Apr 16, 2018 at 12:13:09PM +0200, Dario Lombardo wrote:
I was just pointing out that sometimes (like the openSUSE %cmake
macro) there is the general assumption that the build dir is under the
source dir. This assumption can be found in wireshark/CMakeLists.txt,
under the rpm-package target, where _git_description is set based on
"git describe" output. This works if and only if the build dir is
under the source dir and not if it's somewhere else.

This seems to limit the rpm-package target to git trees, source tarballs
seems unsupported, is that intentional? The autotools config did not
have this limitation from what I can tell.
--
Kind regards,
Peter Wu