Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: linux package requirements for wireshark build

From: "Maynard, Chris" <Christopher.Maynard () IGT com>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2017 19:11:48 +0000

The last line of tools/install_rpms_for_devel.sh is:

echo "This tool has been obsoleted by tools/rpm-setup.sh"

So would it be better to use tools/rpm-setup.sh instead?

Whichever one is recommend, maybe it would be a good idea to mention it in the Wireshark developer’s guide, such as in
Section 3.11.2[1], for example?
- Chris
[1]: https://www.wireshark.org/docs/wsdg_html_chunked/ChSrcBinary.html#ChSrcRpm