Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: linux package requirements for wireshark build

From: Jeff Morriss <jeff.morriss.ws () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2017 13:39:48 -0400

On Sat, Jun 24, 2017 at 11:11 PM, Alan Partis <alpartis () thundernet com>
wrote:

I've looked through the wireshark developer's guide, and google'd all
around, but cannot find a list of required packages for building
wireshark.  If there is one, let me know.

I generally just run `tools/install_rpms_for_devel.sh` to install all the
necessary dependencies.

You could also take a look in `packaging/rpm/SPECS/wireshark.spec.in` or
the various README files but the above script is there to simplify your
life...