Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Tshark: proto_tree not created on first pass with tap defined

From: Guy Harris <guy () alum mit edu>
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2017 09:16:09 -0800

On Feb 14, 2017, at 1:02 AM, Paul Offord <Paul.Offord () advance7 com> wrote:

There definitely is a performance impact when you generate the protocol tree in the first pass, probably 33% longer
to load.

Anyway, I have a 23-hour plane journey tomorrow so I'll have a crack at rewriting as a TAP.

Rewriting it as a tap won't help with that performance impact, unless part of the rewriting involves getting the
information for TRANSUM in some other way than extracting particular fields from the protocol tree.