Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: GUI Change for Wireshark Remote Interfaces

From: Guy Harris <guy () alum mit edu>
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2016 20:54:30 -0700

On Oct 27, 2016, at 4:18 PM, Joerg Mayer <jmayer () loplof de> wrote:

3) It will neither compile nor link.

The attached patch will make it compile and link

It will also add confusion to the API and ABI on UN*X.  Windows is already weird, so we're stuck with that.

I checked in a change, 65a5b4b53ee23c12b9e823615d23a921c64f40f0, that makes all the references to the additional fields
Windows-only.

Feel free to ignore, modify or apply the patch

I checked in, as separate changes, all but the pcap.h change and...

(the policy 42 stuff fixes
the symptom instead of the root cause).

...the policy 42 stuff.  Apple doesn't build libpcap with an @rpath install_name, and we don't do so with autotools, so
I'm not sure whether we want to do that.