Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Duplicate dissectors error

From: Juan Jose Martin Carrascosa <juanjo () rti com>
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2016 08:50:03 -0700

Glad to see that my question brought up such a nice discussion.

I think that so far I will go with allowing duplicates in rtps. I have
submitted this patch:

https://code.wireshark.org/review/#/c/17393/

Do I have your blessing? :)

Thanks,
Juanjo

On Mon, Aug 29, 2016 at 8:13 PM, Guy Harris <guy () alum mit edu> wrote:

On Aug 29, 2016, at 7:58 PM, Michael Mann <mmann78 () netscape net> wrote:

The "justified" ones  (i.e.  those not using Decode As) were changed to
"duplicates allowed".

Why not disable Decode As entries by default, so that
dissector_add_for_decode_as() does nothing for the dissector table, and, in
register_decode_as(), look up the dissector table by name and set the table
to "allow Decode As entries"?

--

Juanjo Martin
Senior Application Engineer