Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: checkapi

From: Guy Harris <guy () alum mit edu>
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2016 14:48:45 -0700

On Apr 18, 2016, at 2:16 PM, Graham Bloice <graham.bloice () trihedral com> wrote:

What should we do about the lex files?  Guy's last comment on this issue was

Some "generated" code is "generated" by copying it from the .l/.lemon/.y/etc. files; the problem is that we'd like to
check that code, but not code that's actually *generated*.

Can we make checkapi.pl capable of reading .l and .y files?  If so, we should process them, not the generated files.

(Lemon is less important, as we have our own fork of Lemon and can change it, although we may not want to make
Wireshark-specific changes, so it might also be useful to have checkapi.pl capable of processing them as well.)