Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: dumpcap and bpf assembler

From: Sake Blok <sake () euronet nl>
Date: Thu, 28 May 2015 01:26:39 +0200

Hi Richard,

I think I misunderstood you then. I thought you were looking for a way to write some assembly/machine code for the BPF
pseudo processor. Which of course works only on the content of a packet (link layer data and upwards). I believe that
anything the BPF engine can do can be accomplished by using a capture filter expression, but it can turn ugly :-)

Cheers,
Sake