Wireshark mailing list archives

dumpcap and bpf assembler

From: Richard Stearn <richard () rns-stearn demon co uk>
Date: Tue, 26 May 2015 21:21:52 +0100

Is there a way of handing dumpcap a BPF assembler file rather than a
libpcap expression?

I have RTFM'd, googled and not found an answer.

Of course my reading ability and googlefu could be well broken :-)

Why, because I wish to filter on the protocol the network interface
currently believes the packet to be (skb->protocol), rather than what
the interface says it is and I have not found a libpcap expression that
achieves that.

--
Regards
        Richard