Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: using pinfo structure to save data after first iteration

From: koundinya poluri <koundi.poluri () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2015 18:52:33 +0530

hi anders,

Thanks for replying.So to sum it up, we just use conversation of a protocol
to store info related to the whole flow or conversation and we use
p_add_proto_data for a specific packet related data that is stored in
frame_data strucutre for each packet.When you said by combining them you
mean we copy data which is not specific to the packet from conversation
into pinfo using p_add_proto_data right?

sorry for asking so many questions.I am trying hard to understand the flow
clearly and found very few resources for learning these advanced dissector
topics. :)

Thanks again!
-koundinya