Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: [Wireshark-commits] master cf142c6: Get Wireshark to compile with afl-gcc.

From: Guy Harris <guy () alum mit edu>
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2015 13:28:08 -0800

On Jan 24, 2015, at 11:14 AM, Wireshark code review <code-review-do-not-reply () wireshark org> wrote:

cf142c6 by Gerald Combs (gerald () wireshark org):

   Get Wireshark to compile with afl-gcc.

   Fix errors found by American Fuzzy Lop's afl-gcc
   (http://lcamtuf.coredump.cx/afl/):

   peektagged.c:
   error: 'fileVersion' may be used uninitialized in this function

So did AFL generate a test case for this one?  I'm not sure where it could ever be used uninitialized, given that
wtap_file_read_number() should, if it returns a value that's neither -1 nor 0, fill in the variable to which it's
handed a pointer; perhaps afl-gcc's data flow analysis missed something, or perhaps I did.