Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Google deprecating OpenID 2.0

From: Gerald Combs <gerald () wireshark org>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2015 14:59:18 -0800

On 2/23/15 4:10 AM, Roland Knall wrote:
Further looked into this issue. On the Google Page
(https://code.google.com/p/gerrit/issues/detail?id=2715) there is a
detailed description on how to link a new identity. I followed that to
the letter. And still ending up creating a second account (with
launchpad), both having the same e-mail address. As you cannot easily
delete an user account, this is not an ideal solution. There is a script
(although for PG) mentioned, which would be able to merge Gerrit
accounts: https://code.google.com/p/gerrit/wiki/SqlMergeUserAccounts
although how comfortable and more importantly secure this method seems,
I do not know.

This was my fault. I added a custom login page to our Gerrit
installation because the default for the version we're running (2.8)
only lists Google and Yahoo!. Although it supported account creation it
didn't properly support account linking. It's been fixed.

So, going forward, should accounts be merged manually or should I move
to the new account?

I can merge any duplicate accounts. If you have duplicate accounts and
would like them merged, please contact me offline.

I also had one more question in this regard: Basically all I needed was
an active account once. As long as my old account is not deleted, I
should be able to use the pure ssh interface to upload patches and
comment on them (using the "ssh -p 29418 code.wireshark.org
<http://code.wireshark.org> gerrit review" command).

So, although I would not be able to use the website anymore, the account
is still valid.

regards,
Roland

On Mon, Feb 23, 2015 at 11:00 AM, Roland Knall <rknall () gmail com