Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Gerrit upgrade schedule

From: Graham Bloice <graham.bloice () trihedral com>
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2015 09:50:08 +0100

On 16 April 2015 at 22:45, Pascal Quantin <pascal.quantin () gmail com> wrote:

Le 16 avr. 2015 11:29 PM, "Gerald Combs" <gerald () wireshark org> a écrit :

On 4/16/15 1:17 PM, Pascal Quantin wrote:
<mailto:gerald () wireshark org>>:

    As was discussed last month, Google's OpenID is going away on the
20th.
    Logins to code.wireshark.org <http://code.wireshark.org> using
Google
    will break on that date. The
    Gerrit development team has been busy making releases recently to
account
    for this. Unfortunately, a change which would allow both OpendID
and OAuth2
    logins[1] and which would be useful in our case is still under
review and
    hasn't made it into an official release.

    This Friday (April 3) I plan on upgrading to Gerrit from 2.8.6.1
to 2.10.2.
    This will make the "new change screen" the default along with many
other
    changes listed in [2] and [3]. The authentication configuration
will not
    change for now, but we'll be in a better position to do so in the
future.

    Sorry for the short notice. I'm trying to balance Gerrit's release
    schedule, the impending OpenID apocalypse, and upcoming travel.

    [1]https://gerrit-review.googlesource.com/#/c/66313/
    [2]
http://gerrit-documentation.storage.googleapis.com/ReleaseNotes/ReleaseNotes-2.9.html#_new_features
    [3]
http://gerrit-documentation.storage.googleapis.com/ReleaseNotes/ReleaseNotes-2.9.html#_new_features

Hi Gerald,

Gerrit 2.10.3 just got released with the change set you were referring
merged:

https://gerrit-documentation.storage.googleapis.com/ReleaseNotes/ReleaseNotes-2.10.3.html

Thanks! Unfortunately I'm traveling next week so our earliest upgrade
windows are either tomorrow or some time the week of the 27th. I'll
tentatively plan for May 1.

Too bad, I thought I could afford to avoid creating a Launchpad account ;)

Me too.  No worries though, I'll survive.

--
Graham Bloice