Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Gerrit upgrade schedule

From: Gerald Combs <gerald () wireshark org>
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2015 14:28:44 -0700

On 4/16/15 1:17 PM, Pascal Quantin wrote:
<mailto:gerald () wireshark org>>:

    As was discussed last month, Google's OpenID is going away on the 20th.
    Logins to code.wireshark.org <http://code.wireshark.org> using Google
    will break on that date. The
    Gerrit development team has been busy making releases recently to account
    for this. Unfortunately, a change which would allow both OpendID and OAuth2
    logins[1] and which would be useful in our case is still under review and
    hasn't made it into an official release.

    This Friday (April 3) I plan on upgrading to Gerrit from 2.8.6.1 to 2.10.2.
    This will make the "new change screen" the default along with many other
    changes listed in [2] and [3]. The authentication configuration will not
    change for now, but we'll be in a better position to do so in the future.

    Sorry for the short notice. I'm trying to balance Gerrit's release
    schedule, the impending OpenID apocalypse, and upcoming travel.

    [1]https://gerrit-review.googlesource.com/#/c/66313/
    [2]http://gerrit-documentation.storage.googleapis.com/ReleaseNotes/ReleaseNotes-2.9.html#_new_features
    [3]http://gerrit-documentation.storage.googleapis.com/ReleaseNotes/ReleaseNotes-2.9.html#_new_features

Hi Gerald,

Gerrit 2.10.3 just got released with the change set you were referring to
merged:
https://gerrit-documentation.storage.googleapis.com/ReleaseNotes/ReleaseNotes-2.10.3.html

Thanks! Unfortunately I'm traveling next week so our earliest upgrade
windows are either tomorrow or some time the week of the 27th. I'll
tentatively plan for May 1.