Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: subprotocols

From: Pascal Quantin <pascal.quantin () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2014 19:01:11 +0100

Hi Charles,

Hi Pascal,

You helped me a lot, thank you.  My dissector does almost everything I
want.

Of course, there's just more thing ...  :)

I get RRC decoded magically on CCCH, but as soon as it switches to SRB1,
it recognizes the AM mode but not the contents, e.g. the following is an
RRCConnectionSetupComplete:

5052    2.651163    127.0.0.1    127.0.0.1    RLC-LTE    245    [UL] [AM]
UEId=1 SRB:1  [DATA] (P) sn=0     [24-bytes]

and there's just raw contents.

Everything else has been done so wonderfully, I suspect that I'm just not
doing something right here.

Any help is appreciated...

You want to go to Edit -> Preferences -> Protocols -> RLC-LTE and check the
box "Call PDCP dissector for SRB PDUs"
Then go to Edit -> Preferences -> Protocols -> PDCP-LTE and check the box
"Show unciphered Signalling-Plane data as RRC"

Note that ciphered PDCP PDUs can also be deciphered if you know in
ciphering key, if no handover / reestablishment happens (no key derivation
is supported) and if you use AES (SNOW3G and ZUC are not supported dur to
patents issues).

Pascal.

On Wed, Oct 15, 2014 at 1:48 PM, Charles Smith <