Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: The possibility of a curses based Wireshark

From: Guy Harris <guy () alum mit edu>
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2014 11:46:08 -0800

On Nov 28, 2014, at 11:26 AM, Stephen Fisher <sfisher () SDF ORG> wrote:

On a similar note: GLib has many non-GUI features that we use and Qt
provides similar functionality.  Are we going to move everything to Qt's
way of doing things, or keep Glib around even if we don't use GTK or
roll our own utility functions/variable types/etc.

I don't think completely eliminating GLib is a project for 2.0 (or whatever the version number of the Qt-as-the-default
Wireshark will be).

That might happen in the future, but that means changing a lot more of Wireshark to C++ code.  I don't have a problem
with doing that, but I do note, for what it's worth, that I can see the compile process notably slow down once it hits
the ui/qt directory. :-)