Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Can we move to Lua 5.2.3 only?

From: Pascal Quantin <pascal.quantin () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2014 17:33:12 +0100

On Mar 28, 2014, at 11:42 AM, Pascal Quantin <pascal.quantin () gmail com>
wrote:

The bugs are listed here:
http://www.lua.org/bugs.html

5.2.3 was only released this past December, but 5.2.2 has been out since
2012.

What do you mean by "we have a 5.2.1 library for Windows but not a 5.2.3
one"? Do you mean from some pre-built binary repository somewhere?

Yes exactly. Right now our binaries seem to come from
http://luabinaries.sourceforge.net/download.html (Gerald will confirm).

Huh.  I figured they were just being built from source.  At my day job we
just build the whole thing in statically, but we had to use our own anyway
because we made some changes to the Lua engine to protect against bad Lua
code, and we don't allow people to swap it out as a shared library/dll.

http://lua-users.org/wiki/LuaBinaries web page suggests to go to
http://joedf.users.sourceforge.net/luabuilds/ for a 5.2.3 pre compiled
binary but it does not include the header files. I guess I could get them
from the source package.

Yup.

Hi,

I just upgraded the Windows build system in ga1d4189 so as to use Lua
5.2.1. If required, we might change it to 5.2.3 later.

Cheers,
Pascal.