Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: pre-commit hook issue

From: Alexis La Goutte <alexis.lagoutte () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2014 19:56:56 +0200

On Sun, Apr 27, 2014 at 4:18 AM,  <mmann78 () netscape net> wrote:
I have found myself from time to time needing to temporarily disable the
pre-commit hook (ie error is ignorable).  The situation I ran into today I
don't think should have been.

in cli, it is possible to use --no-verify flag in git commit and there
is no pre-commit check

I created a patch that removed a header file from epan\dissectors
(packet-ipsec.h).  When I tried to commit it, the pre-commit hook errored
out with "can't find packet-ipsec.h" and failed the commit.  Is there
something I'm missing (using TortoiseGit) or does the script need to be
tweaked to ignore deleted files?

Actually, there is the list of "modified file", need to found there is
a option to no display remove file too.