Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: qtshark startup time ~1 minute just printing messages

From: Joerg Mayer <jmayer () loplof de>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2013 00:18:41 +0200

On Mon, Sep 09, 2013 at 05:38:27PM -0400, Evan Huus wrote:
This is actually quite reproducible (on my machine at least). If I maximize
the qtshark window immediately upon startup then the splash seems to do a
full-window redraw for every change, and takes a significantly
longer-than-usual amount of time to finish.

Ah, that explains that last time I got annoyed by this it was more like
1,75 minutes. The window was larger.

Thanks
    Jörg

--
Joerg Mayer                                           <jmayer () loplof de>