Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: [Wireshark-commits] buildbot failure in Wireshark (development) on OSX-10.5-x86

From: Guy Harris <guy () alum mit edu>
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2013 17:15:40 -0700

On Jul 2, 2013, at 4:48 PM, Stephen Fisher <stephenfisher-wireshark () outlook com> wrote:

I don't have time today to look into this further, but it looks like it is because the code that checks the CFLAGS is
trying to use the previous CFLAG checking attempt.

It's because

        expr "X$A" : {b}

will fail unless {b} begins with "X"- you need to do expr "X$A" : X{b}.

I checked in a fix (which also fixes a typo where it was doing

        expr "$XA" : {b}

for CXXFLAGS, and switched to lower-case "x" because that's what's used with the test command elsewhere in the
configure script.