Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: failure generating layouts.h on Windows 7

From: Gerald Combs <gerald () wireshark org>
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2013 10:18:20 -0800

On 1/19/13 8:28 AM, Bill Meier wrote:
On my Windows 7 system:

After adding the appropriate rule to gtk/makefile.nmake to generate
layouts.h gdb-pixbuf-cssource fails when he rule is executed.

Doing a test command:

$ gdk-pixbuf-csource --raw --name=foo layout_1.png

Gives:

failed to load "layout_1.png": Couldn't recognize the image file format
for file 'layout_1.png'

Interestingly enough:

emacs (windows version) says "can't display: cannot determine image type"

file ... shows
layout_1.png: PNG image data, 48 x 48, 8-bit/color RGBA, non-interlaced

emacs *can* show the image on my Fedora VM.

I've compared the .png file on Windows vs Fedore. They are exactly the
same.

Anyone have any ideas ??

layout_[1-6].png were generated from Inkscape via layouts.svg. They have
the proper MIME types set in SVN so they *should* work. Are you using
gdk-pixbuf-csource from the wireshark-win32-libs GTK+ bundle? I'm not
sure that's been verified to work.

P.S. In any case, I'll commit the gtk\Makefile.nmake rule to make layouts.h

We keep the other generated PNG headers in SVN, presumably because they
rarely change. I did the same for layouts.h in r47166 so Windows builds
should work now.