Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Default interface in the "front page"?

From: Anders Broman <anders.broman () ericsson com>
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2013 17:48:15 +0000

If the user has not selected a default interface at Edit -> Preferences -> Capture, I'd vote to have Wireshark select
the first interface listed in which Wireshark determines that there are actually packets available to >capture.  This
can be seen with Capture -> Interfaces (Ctrl-I).  If no interfaces show packets, then Wireshark can probably just
choose the first interface.

- Chris

I'm afraid that would over complicate things. If we can get people to select a preferred interface in the preferences
it's a once off thing probably.