Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Questions about New Export Objects

From: Guy Harris <guy () alum mit edu>
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2013 19:51:48 -0700

On Apr 26, 2013, at 7:41 PM, zzl  <greoge_007 () 126 com> wrote:

I mean the wireshark now can only  export objects embedded in one packet(http,smb,dicom packet)

No.  Wireshark can reassemble multiple TCP segments into an HTTP request or response.

I want to know whether this extension also just need to export objects from one ftp/smtp packet, or I need to export
an object that split in several ftp/smtp packets.

If an object takes more than one TCP segment, the extension should reassemble the object from those segments and export
it.