Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: fuzz failures not generating bugs

From: Bill Meier <wmeier () newsguy com>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2012 15:01:47 -0500

On 11/30/2012 2:05 PM, Gerald Combs wrote:

It looks like I should have read the release notes more closely. Fuzz
failure reporting uses the bugzilla-submit script, which requires
converting to a new status workflow in Bugzilla 4.0 and 4.2:

http://www.bugzilla.org/releases/4.2/release-notes.html#v40_feat_workflow

Converting would mean going from this:

   http://www.bugzilla.org/docs/3.6/en/html/lifecycle.html

to this:

   http://www.bugzilla.org/docs/4.2/en/html/lifecycle.html

Unless anyone really prefers the old, more complex workflow I'll
schedule the conversion for tomorrow morning PST.

Assuming that the conversion script mentioned in

https://bugzillaupdate.wordpress.com/2010/07/06/bugzilla-4-0-has-a-new-default-status-workflow/

will be run, it appears that the changes in the current status values will be as follows:

“NEW” will become “CONFIRMED”
“ASSIGNED” will become “IN_PROGRESS”
“REOPENED” will become “CONFIRMED” (and the “REOPENED” status will be removed)
“CLOSED” will become “VERIFIED” (and the “CLOSED” status will be removed)

Also, I'm guessing that, after the update, the initial status of a bug will now be "CONFIRMED" (which corresponds with our current initial status of "New").

Or: will we now start with "UNCONFIRMED" ?

(Quick first comments):

I appreciate that opening a discusion about "lifecycle" & etc is not the most important thing to do in life, so my general reaction is to say that the new workflow will be fine as long as we have a (short) paragraph someplace saying what the workflow is and how we'll use it.

That being said, I can imagine that starting with "Confirmed" might cause some puzzlement from those used to seeing "NEW" as the initial status.

Bill