Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: [Wireshark-commits] rev 43908: /trunk/epan/dissectors/ /trunk/epan/dissectors/: packet-ftp.c

From: Martin Mathieson <martin.r.mathieson () googlemail com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2012 10:46:13 -0400

Thanks Alexis,

I submitted this change (losing the tree) in r43929.

As for just using ftp.data - I don't feel strongly about it.  It is
unusual, but anyone who ever looks at FTP is probably used to it.
Also, it might be convenient to be able to build display display filters
that will only apply to the control or data part of FTP.  e.g. 'ftp
contains "PASS"' currently won't look inside the transferred files, but it
would after making this change.

Martin

On Mon, Jul 23, 2012 at 10:23 AM, Alexis La Goutte <