Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Infrastructure for plugins (including Lua-based ones) to add their own menus

From: Guy Harris <guy () alum mit edu>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2012 00:37:42 -0700

On Jul 11, 2012, at 5:17 AM, Beth wrote:

Would it be feasible to enhance the Python support to match whatever we do for Lua?

Would it be feasible to have the C support allow this and then export that capability to Lua and Python and Visual
Basic and INTERCAL and any other extension language we offer now or in the future? :-)

I.e., yes, we should have a *generic* mechanism to allow added taps to update the menu, so the extension language
doesn't matter, as per Richard's comment

Currently, as well, the infrastructure seems focused around Lua, but it might be useful to make it more generic.

and then we should update existing extension language support to use it.