Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Windows build environment

From: Guy Harris <guy () alum mit edu>
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2012 02:58:37 -0800

On Jan 6, 2012, at 7:46 AM, Graham Bloice wrote:

I've also wondered about moving on from nmake and converting to MSBuild.  This is only usable from VS2008 or later
though.  Any thoughts on that?

If we do so, can we continue to have lists of source files in Makefile.common, rather than, say, having to duplicate
such a list in other files (which developers might forget to do)?  Or, at least, can we automatically generate the
relevant MSBuild files from files such as Makefile.common?