Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Passing NULL to %s format specifiers

From: Guy Harris <guy () alum mit edu>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2012 01:01:07 -0700

On Aug 14, 2012, at 5:32 PM, Evan Huus wrote:

The case in the filed bug is fairly trivial to fix, but I'm wondering
if this is something that should be added to the Code Style /
Portability section of README.developer?

No - it should be added to the "Robustness" section; I'd say "Portability" is for telling people to avoid GCCisms and
other features that are, in some compilers or development environments, valid, while "Robustness" is for telling people
to avoid things that, while they might happen to work with some compilers or on some instruction set architectures,
aren't officially guaranteed to work on any platform.