Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: [Wireshark-commits] rev 44435: /trunk/epan/ /trunk/epan/dissectors/: packet-afp.c packet-ncp2222.inc /trunk/epan/: epan.c expert.c expert.h proto.c proto.h

From: Joerg Mayer <jmayer () loplof de>
Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2012 08:26:29 +0200

On Fri, Aug 10, 2012 at 08:33:02PM +0000, gerald () wireshark org wrote:
http://anonsvn.wireshark.org/viewvc/viewvc.cgi?view=rev&revision=44435

User: gerald
Date: 2012/08/10 01:33 PM

Log:
 Make the corresponding packet_info available to each tree item. This
 lets us pass a NULL pinfo to expert_add_info_format() and
 expert_add_undecoded_item(), which makes it possible to use those
 routines deep in the bowels of many dissectors. As a proof of concept
 remove the recent pinfo additions to packet-afp.c. This should also make
 it easier to fix bug 3884.

Does this parameter have any use left? If not we could and should remove it
throughout the source including the function header.

Thanks
     Jörg
--
Joerg Mayer                                           <jmayer () loplof de>