Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: bitwise operating gives syntax error. + displaying a slice.

From: Marilo <narium85-mlscar () yahoo co uk>
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2012 17:55:19 +0100 (BST)

I know that some number AND 0  would give 0..

My issue is that it gives a Syntax error!

0 could be FF, my point is the syntax error.

I want to run the expression without getting a syntax error.

See the example, it reads from a file (i.e. i'm looking at doing a display filter)

C:\sdf>tshark -r asdf2 "ip[0]&ff==45"
tshark: Syntax error.