Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: [Wireshark-commits] rev 39143: /trunk/epan/dissectors/ /trunk/epan/dissectors/: packet-dvbci.c

From: Alexis La Goutte <alexis.lagoutte () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2011 19:10:11 +0200

On Tue, Sep 27, 2011 at 6:22 AM, Dirk Jagdmann <doj () cubic org> wrote:

So that would be option (c) then?
c) Define ENC_NA differently from both ENC_LITTLE_ENDIAN and
ENC_BIG_ENDIAN.

The impact of this would imply these other changes:

For every proto_tree_add_*() function:
-> Change the "const gboolean little_endian" argument to something like
"gint endian"
-> Verify "endian" is valid for the given FT_ and choke on invalid ones.

And of course, change all the dissectors to use appropriate ENC_'s in the
proto_tree_add_*() function calls.

Even if this is probably a lot of work, I vote for this approach. For the
1.8
release we should emit warnings if FT_ and ENC_ don't match, then for 1.10
emit
error/exceptions, so that eventually all FT_ and ENC_ values express the
real
relationship.

I vote for c too !