Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: [Wireshark-commits] rev 39305: /trunk/epan/dissectors/ /trunk/epan/dissectors/: packet-sdp.c

From: Martin Mathieson <martin.r.mathieson () googlemail com>
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2011 19:07:27 +0100

On Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 6:30 PM, Stephen Fisher <steve () stephen-fisher com>wrote:

On Mon, Oct 10, 2011 at 11:13:41AM +0100, Martin Mathieson wrote:

packet-sdp.c:1302 'data_tvb' might get clobbered by 'longjmp' or
'vfork'

Making 'data_tvb' volatile doesn't work as I then get warnings about
discarding the volatile qualifier by passing data_tvb to the various
sub-dissectors.  I've never been sure of the best way to resolve this,
other than changing my compiler, which isn't an easy option right now.

Using volatile has always worked for me, but only if I put it in the
right place, such as "gchar *volatile string;" instead of "volatile
gchar *string;"

Thanks Steve, was probably thinking of volatile as magic rather than as just
another qualifier. Fixed now,
Martin