Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: [Wireshark-commits] rev 39305: /trunk/epan/dissectors/ /trunk/epan/dissectors/: packet-sdp.c

From: Stephen Fisher <steve () stephen-fisher com>
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2011 11:30:00 -0600

On Mon, Oct 10, 2011 at 11:13:41AM +0100, Martin Mathieson wrote:

packet-sdp.c:1302 'data_tvb' might get clobbered by 'longjmp' or
'vfork'

Making 'data_tvb' volatile doesn't work as I then get warnings about
discarding the volatile qualifier by passing data_tvb to the various
sub-dissectors.  I've never been sure of the best way to resolve this,
other than changing my compiler, which isn't an easy option right now.

Using volatile has always worked for me, but only if I put it in the
right place, such as "gchar *volatile string;" instead of "volatile
gchar *string;"