Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Very, very elementary question - how do I make sense of the trace?

From: Lisi <lisi.reisz () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2011 21:43:24 +0100

On Monday 03 October 2011 15:23:09 Prigge Scott wrote:
Beyond this, I have found much of my ability to diagnose issues through
traces is simply based on my understanding of basic TCP/IP. And obviously
there are many resources for that topic. But if you want some help to get
started, maybe you could describe the issue and attach a small trace? Then
maybe myself or someone else can walk you through the diagnosis process on
something concrete.

Thanks!  A night's sleep, and analysing what I am doing enough to answer your
question, may solve it anyway if I am lucky!

It isn't a diagnosis.  It is a series of questions whch can only be answered
by reading the traces.

So here goes to try again.  And thanks for such a very helpful attitude.  It
is much appreciated.

Lisi