Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Wireshark -z vs. tshark -z

From: Sake Blok <sake () euronet nl>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2011 22:07:32 +0100

On 21 mrt 2011, at 20:40, Stephen Fisher wrote:

On Mon, Mar 21, 2011 at 06:37:03PM +0000, Chris Maynard wrote:

Any concerns about backward-compatibility?  Are folks accustomed to
using rtt with tshark instead of srt?  Should we support either one
going forward, or is it OK to abandon rtt?

(without thinking it through very much...) I would say to change it and
mention the change in the release notes.

And of course in the Usage, manpage, user manual etc ;-)

(and yes... I think it's a joy to make the occasional superfluous remark ;-))