Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Eliminate annoying color filter dialog

From: Stephen Fisher <steve () stephen-fisher com>
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2011 13:12:10 -0700

On Tue, Mar 08, 2011 at 08:02:19PM +0000, Chris Maynard wrote:

But every time I switch to the trunk, for every custom color filter I
have, I get an annoying dialog telling me, "Could not compile color
filter "blah" from saved filters." I've made a change in my local
sandbox to avoid this, but would anyone have any grumblings if I
permanently eliminate that dialog?

I'm fine with removing the dialog - even if it is a valid error, what is
the user supposed to do about it?  I would expect to see that error when
editing the color filters, if anywhere.