Wireshark mailing list archives

non-ASCII characters

From: Andreas <AndreasSander1 () gmx net>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2011 21:14:01 +0100

I write a dissector for a protocol that transport measurement values for pressure and temperature and so on. I would like to display the values with proto_tree_add_float() with the correct unit. But the °C symbol as well as µA is not displayed correctly.

Is there a way display this character set specific characters in Wireshark? How should I encode these characters that the GTK UI displays the nice "°C" so that I can avoid "degrees centigrade"?

I don't need to care for portability since I only write a dissector DLL for the Windows operating system.

Regards,
Helge