Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Rev 38350 Capture Options Changes - Named Pipe?

From: Michael Tüxen <Michael.Tuexen () lurchi franken de>
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2011 12:40:55 +0200

On Aug 10, 2011, at 11:16 PM, Jakub Zawadzki wrote:

On Wed, Aug 10, 2011 at 10:49:47PM +0200, Michael Tüxen wrote:
I was aware of this in the context of the -i arguments, but not that it could be
specified in the GUI. We need to find a way to do this. Maybe an button which
will add a named pipe to the list of interfaces.

Can we have it in another window?
I thought about a button which can be used to add interfaces. Another window
opens and you can add named pipes or remote interfaces...
I'd be happy to have different options in capture submenu, like:
Capture
 | - Interface
 |    | - [X] eth0: ...
 |    | - [X] wlan0: ...
 |    | - [ ] ...
 | - nflog
 | - Named pipe
 | - From program (ptrace-based)
 | - ...
 | - Capture options
 | - Start
 | - ...
There can me more than one named pipe...

Have we got some UX experts? ;-)
Not sure... If we do, please make suggestions.

Best regards
Michael