Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Rev 38350 Capture Options Changes - Named Pipe?

From: Joerg Mayer <jmayer () loplof de>
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2011 23:49:21 +0200

On Wed, Aug 10, 2011 at 11:16:55PM +0200, Jakub Zawadzki wrote:
On Wed, Aug 10, 2011 at 10:49:47PM +0200, Michael Tüxen wrote:
I was aware of this in the context of the -i arguments, but not that it could be
specified in the GUI. We need to find a way to do this. Maybe an button which
will add a named pipe to the list of interfaces.

Can we have it in another window?
I'd be happy to have different options in capture submenu, like:
 Capture
  | - Interface
  |    | - [X] eth0: ...
  |    | - [X] wlan0: ...
  |    | - [ ] ...
  | - nflog
  | - Named pipe
  | - From program (ptrace-based)
  | - ...
  | ----------
  | - Capture options
  | - Start
  | - ...

When building with remote capture, then there is a button below the Interface
list. Maybe the remote capture stuff, the interface stuff and the pipe stuff
can be unified by having a drop down button with which to select what to show
inside the area that is the interface list right now?

Ciao
   Joerg
--
Joerg Mayer                                           <jmayer () loplof de>