Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: [Wireshark-dev] Q re a possible bug for someone familiar with packet-ansi_637.c

From: Chris Maynard <chris.maynard () gtech com>
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2011 13:49:28 +0000 (UTC)

Bill Meier <wmeier@...> writes:

In the proto_reg_handoff_ansi_637() code the variable
'ansi_637_trans_app_handle' is set but never used.
(Coverity 835).

My suspicion is that this handle should be used in the following iso
'ansi_637_trans_handle':

     /* Dissect messages embedded in SIP */
     dissector_add_string("media_type","application/vnd.3gpp2.sms",
ansi_637_trans_handle);

Can anyone confirm ??

Hi Bill.  I can't really confirm with 100% certainty, but the comment above
dissect_ansi_637_trans_app() is:  "/* Dissect SMS embedded in SIP */"

Therefore, I think it's logical that your suspicions are correct.  I would go
ahead and make the change.  The impact is quite minimal anyway, as it will
merely prepend the '/' character to the protocol column before "IS-637-A" is
added.  Almost makes you wonder if dissect_ansi_637_trans_app() is worth it
though, doesn't it?  Well, maybe it matters to someone.