Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Any interest in a USB-encapsulated AT/Hayes Commands dissector?

From: Stephen Fisher <steve () stephen-fisher com>
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2011 13:57:59 -0600

On Tue, Apr 26, 2011 at 08:25:48PM +0100, Tyson Key wrote:

It's very rough; and I don't know what the best way to deal with
displaying and manipulating strings of an unknown length is -

Looking at the http dissector may be of help here.

although it nicely filled a need that I had at the time (identifying
AT commands traffic amongst a proprietary protocol and other "line
noise", in order to filter them out).

If there's any interest, I'd be willing to try and clean it up for
potential submission into mainline Wireshark.

Sure, why not contribute it.  I'm sure someone will find it useful at
some point.