Wireshark mailing list archives

Any interest in a USB-encapsulated AT/Hayes Commands dissector?

From: Tyson Key <tyson.key () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2011 20:25:48 +0100

Hi folks,

I've just stumbled upon an old, experimental plug-in dissector that I wrote
to dissect "raw" AT/Hayes commands in USB traces, during the process of
working on another, otherwise unrelated dissector. (See
https://bitbucket.org/vmlemon/usb_isi_dissector_for_wireshark/src/eec3bf16fedf/at-hayes/
for
the source).

It's very rough; and I don't know what the best way to deal with displaying
and manipulating strings of an unknown length is - although it nicely filled
a need that I had at the time (identifying AT commands traffic amongst a
proprietary protocol and other "line noise", in order to filter them out).

If there's any interest, I'd be willing to try and clean it up for potential
submission into mainline Wireshark.

Tyson.

--
                                          Fight Internet Censorship!