Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: How to disable "no packets captured" dialog?

From: Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter () xs4all nl>
Date: Sat, 02 Apr 2011 11:21:15 +0200

On 2011-04-01, Guy Harris<guy () alum mit edu>  wrote:

On Apr 1, 2011, at 11:46 AM, Sake Blok wrote:

There is currently no way to disable the "no packets captured"
dialog. To disable the dialog you need to change some code in
capture.c and build your own version of Wireshark. Or you could file
an enhancement request on https://bugs.wireshark.org and hope that
someone finds the time and interest to make that dialog configurable.

E.g., add a "Don't show this dialog again" checkbox.

I may have to put that on my list of things to work on in my spare
time.  I don't find that dialog helpful in the least, and it's just a
jarring interruption of my work-flow.

It's things like this that got us involved in Wireshark development...

+1 for the "Don't show this dialog again" checkbox.

Thanks,
Jaap