Wireshark mailing list archives

Wireshark runtime error in readin TCPDump trace

From: "Alireza Attar" <attar () ece ubc ca>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2011 12:21:49 -0700 (PDT)

Hi all,

I am trying to read a TCPDump file available on the web (see below link)
using WireShark.

http://www.thefengs.com/wuchang/work/cstrike/tcpdump.11Apr0855.04

I have tried both a Windows based machine and a linux machine to read the
file. However in both cases after about 19%-20% of data is read the
Wireshark crashes with runtime error message. Is this related to the
size of the trace I am reading, memory issue on my machine or an error
in the trace. Any feedback is appreciated.

Regards,
Ali