Wireshark mailing list archives

decoding of protocol layers atop own dissector

From: "Kristian Martens" <Kristian.Martens () freenet de>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2010 08:00:32 +0100

Is it possible to set a wireshark dissector for potocol layers atop of an
dissector if wireshark is not able to determine which dissector shall be
used? If yes, how can this be achieved?
I developed a propriatary protocol dissector which is working fine. This
protocol transports a standardized protocol also being available in
wireshark. I thought I could select this protocol in the "decode as..."
dialog but it is not available there.

Thank you for your answers in advance.
Kris