Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Looking for a portable sniffing-friendly hub/switch

From: Sake Blok <sake () euronet nl>
Date: Sun, 30 May 2010 21:11:30 +0200

On 24 mei 2010, at 00:51, Sake Blok wrote:

On 21 mei 2010, at 00:24, mr.k wrote:
Also the ping issue with vlans seems not to be affecting the one I
have, and to do monitoring/mirroring you dont need vlans enabled.

Which version FW do you have? I just received my GS105E and it runs version 1.07 which does indeed contain the ping
bug :-(
(when pinging from Cygwin, the problem was not seen on the ping responses, just from a trace. Windows 7 does show the
ip address of the switch as the ping responder though)

I guess I'll have to annoy the NetGear support until they release v 1.09 which has been beta-tested by someone on the
NetGear forum...

I opened a case with NetGear support and asked for (beta) version 1.00.09, which was sent to me after a couple of days.
It does solve the ping issue. Now I only hope they will fill in my request for a WebGUI or CLI :-)

Cheers,

Sake