Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Hex Offset Needed

From: Abhijit Bare <abhibare () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2010 10:17:11 -0700

Hi John,

Can you use "http/1.1" string as an indicator of response code? Only HTTP
response packets have "http/1.1" or "http/1.0" (case can be upper) followed
by a <space> followed by http response code (look for one digit). If you can
parse this out while stream is coming in and that digit is "0", will that
mean that you have found the packet? HTTP request also has "http/1.1", but
there is generally no space and digit following it. Other traffic may not
have the same pattern too.

Thanks,
Abhijit