Wireshark mailing list archives

INTERLINK dissector plugin added

From: "Dr. Uwe Girlich" <Uwe.Girlich () philosys de>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2010 08:16:44 +0100

Hello!

I just added (with revision 32202) a new dissector plugin: INTERLINK (yes, I
know, a too general name but that's what it is called by BMW). This protocol is
used in BMW cars (real and simulated) for all kinds of gadget communication
(for example to and from the combination display or the iDrive). I assume only
a few engineers at BMW will ever use this, so I added the dissector as a plugin.

I prepared a table for sub-dissectors for particular type/version combinations
but did not add any. Hopefully some BMW engineers will fill this part later on.

Regards, Uwe Girlich

Dr. Uwe Girlich
Philosys Software GmbH
Edisonstraße 6
85716 Unterschleißheim

Email: uwe.girlich () philosys de
http://www.philosys.de
Tel: (+49) 89 321407-44
Fax: (+49) 89 321407-12

Geschäftsführer:
 Peter Göb, Horst Lauber, Emil Näpflein, Dr. Detlef Strehmel
Firmensitz: Unterschleißheim
Amtsgericht München HRB 85577