Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: [Wireshark-commits] rev 33300: /trunk/epan/dissectors/ /trunk/epan/dissectors/: packet-ber.c

From: Joerg Mayer <jmayer () loplof de>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2010 09:07:00 +0200

On Wed, Jun 23, 2010 at 01:55:23PM +0200, Stig Bj?rlykke wrote:
On Wed, Jun 23, 2010 at 1:29 PM,  <gal () wireshark org> wrote:
Log:
 Configuration to allow the definition of an OID name and associated syntax.

Great news!  I have been thinking about this for a long time.

 The configuration file is a glib key-value file, with the dotted OID used as
 the group, and two keys defined, "name" and "syntax".

What about using a UAT for entering this values?  Then we can have a
drop-down with valid syntax values, and we have more control over the
input.

Very nice! How about adding the documentation not only to the commit but
also the manpage?

Thanks
   Joerg
--
Joerg Mayer                                           <jmayer () loplof de>