Wireshark mailing list archives

fragment_add_..(), pinfo->src/dst, IP vs. TCP Session

From: David Aggeler <david_aggeler () hispeed ch>
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2010 15:51:50 +0200

Roughly, DICOM has one TCP session for commands and one for data.

Now fragment_add_seq_next() does not seem to keep different TCP sessions
apart, and solely looks for pinfo->src/dst, which I think are supposed
to represent the IP addresses. But this screws up the reassembly.

Any precondition I missed? Do I need to add a new functions to the
reassemble module or somehow seqeeze srcport/dstport into the ID?

David